Monday, December 31, 2012

My New Years Resolution

        Today I did something slightly uncharacteristic of me. I made a new year’s resolution. I know lots of people make these things and say they are going to follow through on them but I never do. Well I use to, until I decided to stop making these resolutions because frankly I NEVER kept a single one, but then again I have really bad work ethic. 

           
        Now don't get too excited although my name may be Julie I am no Julie Powell. But getting back on topic this all started after watching Julie & Julia yesterday, [you know the movie, based off the book, which is based off the true story of Julie Powell, who started a food blog (about cooking her way through Julia Child's cookbook)] and well it got me thinking. Now this is not just because I write a food blog, nor because of the fact that my name is also Julie, which I love but also hate how others love to point this fact out, but then I realized that although I knew this was going to be hard to follow through on and despite my history of a "lack of commitment" on things I have officially decided to not give up.  At least not for this year so whether ya love me, you hate me, haven't a clue of who I am, or just don't give a care either way, this world is going to be stuck with me for another year. Whether I have 2 readers or 10 I love having this chance to share my ideas with others and this itself is the only validation I will ever need. At least that’s what I tell myself when I lie awake at night. 

           So as I like to say "in short" my new year’s resolution is 365 days 52 new recipes. Yes maybe I'm not as ambitious as the great Julie Powell, but with all due respect, its more for the hopes of keeping my sanity intact.  I'll attempt to aim a bit higher come 2014. If I may so graciously part I wish all a happy New Year and may cooking bring you joy in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment