Friday, January 18, 2013

Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate Cake


I am a terrible person, and by terrible I mean horrible, and by horrible I mean I am a horrid person because: I haven't cooked this week for you. Deplorable, yes I know, however bad a person I may be I still promised a recipe for this week and I will not fail to deliver on that account.  This is one of my mom's recipes, and I am hoping to eventually add a tutorial to go along with the recipe. this is one of those cakes that only gets made on special occasions because I swear that by the time you take it out of the oven it literally weighs 5 lbs. ok maybe I might be exaggerating a little but it is gooey and chocolate-y and decadent enough for a royal I swear. 

Death by Chocolate (AKA) Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Cake
  
Ingredients for cake:
1        18.25oz.* Devils Food cake mix [make sure cake mix does not contain pudding]
1            3.90oz.* Instant chocolate pudding mix
1        (slightly heaping) cup of sour cream
1        cup of milk
½   cup of water
½   cup of oil
4        large eggs
1½ cups of chocolate chips
1    TBS flour (for the pan)

*sizes are rough the cake mix is usually smaller but that's ok 

Ingredients for glaze:
      ¾ cup of chocolate chips
      3  TBS of unsalted butter
      ½ TBS vegetable oil (to make it shiny I promise you won't taste it)


Directions for CAKE:
      1 set oven to 350° then grease and flour 10in. bundt pan (make sure to get rid of all excess flour or it will make the outside of the cake dry)
      2 in a large bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, milk, oil, water, and eggs beat until well blended (an electric hand mixer works best)
      3 next mix in chocolate chips and then pour batter into pan
      4 bake for 40-50 minutes or more depending on oven
      5 cool in pan for 15 minutes then turn out onto wire rack

Directions for GLAZE:
      1 put all ingredients in microwave safe bowl in microwave set on high for 30 second intervals mix in-between till completely melted smooth
      2 drizzle over cake
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment