Friday, November 9, 2012

Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie

It was one of those days where I just really wanted a smoothie, then I saw the over ripe bananas on the counter, banana peanut butter it is then. The other thing I absolutely love about this shake is that it always keeps me full all morning. It has the cocoa powder which has antioxidants, the peanut butter and yogurt which has the protein and omegas and the banana which adds sweetness. I know this is a real tough one, it gets kinda complicated but I'm pretty sure ya'll can handle it.



INGREDIENTS: serves 1

1 ripe banana (one with quite a few brown freckles)
¾ cup of ice (about a handful)
3 TBS peanut butter
½ TBS cocoa powder
1 tsp. of granulated sugar
½ cup of vanilla yogurt
Splash of milk enough to cover the bottom of the blender once everything else is in there about an inch




DIRECTIONS:

Throw everything in add milk last if measuring about an inch at the bottom. For thinner smoothie add more milk. Blend until desired thickness is achieved.


Now don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back for all that hard work!
See ya next week guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment