Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


I thought I’d drop in today just to say happy holidays, and although I find this dish one of the easiest of the feast that is thanksgiving I figured it couldn't hurt to post my take on it. Hope you like it as much as I do.
Just don't forget the rest of the sides on Thursday because you get so distracted by the deliciousness that is the sweet potato.



INGREDIENTS:
2 -40oz. cans candied yams/ sweet potatoes
1 sick of butter add a little more if you'd like
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp all spice
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ cup chopped pecans
Splash of milk
2 cups of marshmallows

****keep in mind everything is optional besides the yams of course

DIRECTIONS:
Drain the cans dump 'em in the pot and turn the heat to med-med low. 



My mom would kill me for this (she thinks I'd cut myself) but I find it easiest if you open the can a little less than halfway drain most of the liquid, then open the can all the way push down on the lid a little and hold in place while the rest of the liquid drains out. Then get the lid out the can with a fork, carefully. Saves ya from cleaning the colander which in my opinion is a win.


Slice up the butter and toss in with a splash of milk and start to mash them with a fork while wishing you remembered to buy a potato masher and why you never had one to begin with. They should be pretty soft already.

Add the rest of ingredients and stir in until fully incorporated while forgetting to take pictures of everything like I always seem to do.

Pour into a 9x11 in. pan and top with marshmallows and chopped pecans heat at 350 F for about 10 minutes or until marshmallows start to brown.



everything in short....

INGREDIENTS:
2 -40oz. cans candied yams/ sweet potatoes
1 sick of butter
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp all spice
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ cup chopped pecans
Splash of milk
2 cups of marshmallows

****keep in mind everything is optional besides the yams of course

DIRECTIONS:
Drain the cans dump 'em in the pot and turn the heat to med-med low. Slice up the butter and toss in with a splash of milk and start to mash them. They should be pretty soft already.  Add the rest of ingredients and stir in until fully incorporated. Pour into a 9x11 in. pan and top with marshmallows and chopped pecans heat at 350 F for about 10 minutes or until marshmallows start to brown.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! See you this Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment